Sunday, October 19, 2008

In Our Nation's Captial





Well, i was in Ottawa last Sunday to pick up a friend from the airport and we ended up spending the day/night there. The drive to the airport was fine, except when it came time to follow MapQuest directions. I don't recall ever having to take little rural side roads to get to a major international airport, but if it's on mapquest, it must be true, right?! Nevertheless, it was a pleasant drive west. I have never been into parks and nature trails, but i was very interested to see what Gatineau Park in Chelsea, Quebec was all about, and i am glad i did. The leaves changing colors, the awesome lookout points were great, but nothing beat eating dinner on a picnic bench overlooking a spectacular sunset. I really have a greater appreciation now for nature and how wonderous our little planet is.

No comments: